Holiday Giving Program
Time & Location
About the Event
2020 has been a challenging year for so many people. Our Wish Families continue to struggle to take care of their child living with a life threatening illness. The holidays bring on additional stress as many try to find part time work to pay for Xmas presents and provide for holiday meals for all their children. Being thankful at Thanksgiving requires them to find food at the emergency food banks. This year, we would like to help by bringing families in need a Thanksgiving Package. (Turkey, side dishes, tablecloth, apple pie etc.)
During the Christmas season, we invite folks to adopt a wish family who may need extra support to make Christmas a little brighter. Participants purchase gifts for each member of the family. You can choose the family size you want to adopt. If you do not have the time to shop, you can donate cash and we will shop for you. We also ask each family to identify a few household items they may need, as many do not have enough money to provide a safe and nurturing environment for their families. Examples: sheets, comforters, curtains, bath curtains, dishes, pots and pans etc.
Adopting a wish family entails:
- Receiving a list of each family member and their “Wish List” of ideas
- Receive a list of practical household items the family may need.
- Purchasing a practical and a fun gift for each member of the family. (We suggest you spend approximately $100 on each family member) A complete list of practical and fun gift ideas will be provided. Avoid religious or political gifts unless requested by the family.
- Leaving sales tags on items, with a gift receipt included, when possible. Items must be new, due to the sensitivity of many wish children’s immune systems.
- Wrapping each gift and tagging with the family member’s name.
- Purchasing a grocery gift certificate for Christmas dinner. We recommend $75 for a family of four.
For questions please contact Nicole White at 401-781-9199 or Nicole@awishcometrue.org.
Mail form with check payable to: A Wish Come True, 1010 Warwick Ave, Warwick, RI 02888