1st Annual Heros Walk/Run
Time & Location
About the Event
A Wish Come True is the oldest wish granting organization in Rhode Island and Massachusetts. We grants wishes to children who are suffering from a life threatening illness. Family, friends and support teams are invited to this fun filled and celebratory event, as we highlight our Wish Kids and their families as the real super heroes they truly are! Our job on this walk is to pay it forward so others can have amazing family support trips. Please join us to walk or run at our 1st Annual Heroes Walk/Run which will take place on Saturday, September 21st at Warwick City Park. This superhero-themed event is going to be a fun, family-friendly event, with something for everyone! Many characters will be available for pictures and entertainment. Funds raised during this event will be allocated towards our upcoming Wishes. There will be refreshments, food, games, and raffles for all throughout the event at our Superhero Central. Proudly supported by RI Comic Con!
• All registrations include a complimentary Hero Walk/Run t-shirt which will be available at the event. Shirt sizes will be available on a first come first serve basis and while supplies last!
• This is a “set your own pace” event. Walk as much or as little as you want. All skill levels are welcome!
• Costumes are encouraged! Everyone is invited to dress up as their favorite superhero for the event.
• We will also have awards for the Largest Team; the Most Creative Team and for the highest amount of funds raised Team or Individual!
• This is not a timed event.
• Length of walk/run is 2.8 miles.
• Rain date will be Sunday, September 22nd.
Individual participants who are not included in a team will be: $25.00 for ages 14 & up, $10.00 for children 13 & under. We also encourage Team Building! You can form a team of 3-5 people for $100.00. Each additional team member will be $20.00 for an adult, $10.00 for children ages 14 and under. Those who register online will automatically receive their very own online participant/fundraising page. Please utilize our online fundraising tools to help meet your fundraising goal and/or to invite family and friends to join you at the Walk. We encourage all of our participants to be fundraisers and help us meet our event fundraising goal!